How do I find the best Point and Shoot Camera?

Started Dec 3, 2012 | Questions thread
donaldsc Veteran Member • Posts: 3,094
Re: How do I find the best Point and Shoot Camera?

Wyatta4 wrote:

Hello,

I've been consistently searching for a while now and I'm overwhelmed by the vast amount of Point and Shoot cameras that are out there. It's been a long time since I've owned a point and shoot, and when I did it was a cheap Fujifilm "back in the day". Now I own an entry level Pentax KX DSLR..

I am looking for a point and shoot because I am going to be serving an LDS mission in Buenos Aires, Argentina and I would love to capture as many photos as possible and I want them to be quality.

In my searching I found that the Sony Cyber Shot WX150 looks like a great option.

Im looking to pay no more than $200 as I've been told they can easily be stolen or lost.. Though I'm very cautious with my camera.

In your opinions would the GPS feature be worth it? I don't know how much that would matter to me. Does anyone here enjoy that feature?

Thank you for any help.

At the $200 price point, they are all more or less identical.  Buy the one that you feel comfortable with when you hold it and take pictures with it.

With regard to the GPS feature - it is useful to help you remember where you took the picture if you are not familiar with the area and might forget.  However, it also does reduce battery life some.

-- hide signature --

Don

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow