Need some CC on a few shots - Thank you

Started Nov 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
lbuclk= Veteran Member • Posts: 4,162
Also

69chevy wrote:

tvstaff wrote:

I need help.

I've been debating about the 7D vs. the 5DMII for work or going 800E or D4. Here is my issues.

I'll now have the oppty to follow a well known TV Show through production in remote locations that are hot, sandy, tropical and wet.

Some here tell me to stick with my 7D. So here is the best I can do with the 7D based on what the Network wants.

I'd like advice. How can I improve these shots? Or should I pick one of the above cameras because the company will be paying for them anyway and I'll get better results.

Here is my current kit: 7D - EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II , 17-55mm f/2.8, 50mm f/1.8, ND Filters and B&W Polarizers for all. All shooting will be at day but will have two 580EXII. Will not be allowed to use flash during show shooting as it will ruin video production. Two external battery packs. Dell M6600 workstation and two external 2TB drives, (4) 600x 32 GB cards. Backup is a Canon G10 and 60D.

Thank you,

Too soft? In RAW looked better

Gradient filter or PS? Again the JPEG loses the pop of the RAW file

Too much color? Is contrast right? JPEG loses the beauty of the RAW

Is this better than the above shot for contrast, color ? Again, JPG loses what the RAW shot shows.

I will be just as blunt as I was when you claimed your 7d was a lemon. You have absolutely no idea what you are doing.

You are stopping down your lens way past the point of diffraction. You are shooting at ISO 200 in f16 ISO 100 lighting. You claim your raw shots have more "pop". None of this makes any sense.

You talk above your head looking for "CC". Here is some "CC" buy a book, take a class, and stop trying to pretend to be a photographer.

Learn composition, learn to use your exposure compensation on the camera, learn to use layers or even the wand tool to individually isolate individual objects within a photo to work on. having good gear,PC,software is really useless unless you are prepared. good gear does not translate into skill, right now, I feel that you may be in over your head & lack the technical skills needed for the job. you have to learn to see the final image before you shoot it. keep a positive attitude and never stop learning regardless of your skill level.

-- hide signature --

28 years as a freelancer,(news,magazine, wedding photography) camera equip. over the years: Practica MLT, Canon A1, Minolta 9xi, 7xi, Dimage Z1,Fuji 5200,Canon S2,Pentax K100D,Olympus 380,Canon SX 10, Canon 40D ( http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v104/Buckl/ )
http://issuu.com/Lbuck

lbuclk='s gear list:lbuclk='s gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 40D Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 60mm F/2 Di II LD IF Macro Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow