That's what I assume as well. Using aspherical elements probably negates the need for more elements to correct different issues.
Probably some of the compactness and simplicity has something to do with the fact that it is a dedicated lens (not interchangeable) which allowed them to put some of the elements so deep in the body. Even behind the shutter as far as I have been able to understand.
Great innovation from Sony, I think they made all the right compromises with this little camera, as far as I am concerned ...
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%