Replacement for Powershot a650 is
I understand I'm not the first to post this question and the short answer is that the a650 is irreplaceable. I thought of piggy-backing my question on an old thread, but since new cameras come out every month, it made more sense to start a new thread.
Here's what I like about the a650, in order of importance
- articulated screen: that's a must
- AA batteries: so I can have just one charger, can buy batteries in a pinch, and don't have to spend a fortune on a new battery when the old one stops holding its charge.
- Relatively compact size: to fit in a bag or large pocket.
- Canon interface: I'm flexible on this one, but as a long-time Canon user, I prefer something I'm familiar with.
With that in mind, is there a camera that fits the bill?
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Kingfisher by cjf2|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 11, K
|Bull Rider Being Launched by RBFresno|
from FX bodies and very high ISO