EX2 has been announced

Started Jul 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ysarex
Ysarex Senior Member • Posts: 1,476
Re: EX2 has been announced

Red Rush wrote:

I used the Remote Viewfinder app with an iPod touch. Slow (zooming and capture) to the point of being nearly useless - and the view through the iPod seemed a fair bit darker, too. Maybe I will give it a spin on my wife's Galaxy SII and see if results improve. I will post back if it does.

Based on my initial impressions, this is probably an excellent cam that can replicate most of the image quality of an APS-C cam with hardly any of the bulk. In some respects, I think the build quality of the Samsung is even better than a Nikon consumer DSLR. So long as it is not expected to perform like a speed demon, it should serve fine... More testing will tell, I guess...

Clearly better build quality than a consumer DSLR and the Schneider lens on the EX2 swats down the kit lenses on most of the consumer DSLRs. It has a smaller sensor and you can't push the ISO like you can with an APS-C sensor and you aren't going to get the shallower DOF that a larger sensor provides, but apart from that I'll put my EX2 up against any Nikon or Canon consumer model crop sensor with kit zoom and beat their IQ.

Joe

Greynerd wrote:

Gricer wrote:

Rehabdoc wrote:

Samsung has an optional EVF AND better yet, you can use a phone as your remote VF

Good luck in trying to get their software to work on an iPhone or iPad. It never has. It's one reason I returned this camera. Check the comments at the App Store. Awful.

i imagine that it might work with a Samsung phone - no surprise there.

I thought the whole Apple ethos is that nothing should work with their kit and you should only buy Apple. Are you sure it is Samsung's fault?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ET2
ET2
ET2
tko
ET2
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow