9-18mm problem?

Started Nov 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP mujana Veteran Member • Posts: 5,216
Re: Thnxs Mingjai

mujana wrote:

Mingjai wrote:

I have the lens and have never seen the behavior you describe on any of my cameras (GX1, GH1, G1, E-PL2). Does the behavior happen in all lighting conditions, both artificial and natural?

The only thing I can think of is that it's a result of shooting indoors with WA capturing fluorescent light sources in frame. The 60 hz (or 50 hz depending on where you are) refresh rate of the fluorescents is interfering with the refresh rate of your LCD or EVF.

Otherwise, I'm out of ideas here.

You obviously know a lot more about this technical stuff than I do. It only happens in artificial light. If your theory is true,would you consider this interfering issue a lens"problem" (faulty lens)? Like I said, the results are fine, it's only visible before I take the shot.

Sorry to push this message up again, but can anybody answer my question? Would you consider this a "faulty" lens when Minjai is correct?

mujana's gear list:mujana's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony Alpha a7R II Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow