Anyone view images on a tablet?

Started Nov 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP fanboy6 Senior Member • Posts: 1,472
Re: Anyone view images on a tablet?

Elyharbour wrote:

Have a look at this thread first.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3291409

I considered all the options last summer and went with a 7" Samsung Tab2 for its size, connectivity and ease of file backup and movement.

This October when on vacation I viewed all my files (both JPEG and RAW possible with the right apps) every evening by inserting the camera SD card into a small dongle that fits into the base of the Tab2. I then backed up everything up to a 16GB microSD card that fits into the tablet itself. That avoided using any of the tablet memory. The whole process was very simple and managed by the apps involved. It took no effort at all. In fact I've just today deleted the whole back-up. 800 files / appx. 10GB on the microSD. Plugged the tablet it into Windows and used explorer.

The Nexus (in the summer) just before its launch didn't seem to offer all that. So I went with the Samsung. That might have all changed of course. I didn't look at the iPad.

The Nexus 10 is now made by Samsung.  I really liked the Galaxy tabs at Best Buy so i think this one will be ideal with it's incredible resolution (my main draw).

fanboy6's gear list:fanboy6's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A500 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow