DXO Optics Pro 8 vs Lightroom 4.2

Started Nov 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
2eyesee Senior Member • Posts: 2,258
DXO Optics Pro 8 vs Lightroom 4.2

I was just wondering if anyone has compared DXO Optics Pro 8 and Lightroom 4.2 and can give me a balanced view on the results achieved developing RAW's in both packages.

RAW converters seem to be a delicate subject - people certainly have their favourites, and this seems to lead to what seem to be some rather over the top opinions in comparing the two.

I picked up DXO Optics Pro 8 a couple of weeks ago when they had a $99 promotion, and I'm very happy with it. But since then I have read a number of views comparing it to Lightroom and I would have to say most people seem to lean towards Lightroom.

In particular a couple of comments I saw were very scathing of 'unnatural' DXO colour output. I don't see it myself, but I am just an amateur with not a very educated eye so maybe they are seeing something I'm not.

I'd be interested in any comments from those who have used the latest versions both products on why they prefer one over the other.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow