X-10: Are these settings recommendations correct?

Started Nov 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 13,144
Re: X-10: Son of a gun!

DS21 wrote:

Peter Rowe wrote:

... that did it! Thank you very much. I can't believe I have read and tried a million things and never came across that one. I can now set DR400% and get ISO100 in bright light - perfect!

Try setting the ISO to AUTO1600, that might be the problem, the AUTO3200 is effectively turning off DR400 hardware operation in M mode when RAW+JPEG is selected, turning it automatically to software only DR400 like in L mode.

You are welcome, I am somewhat surprised that it was actually the right solution. Strange ways of Fuji designers and software writers.

FUJIFILM should be flogged for their idiotic EXR system.  The solution you found to this problem is amazing in it's complexity and near randomness.  Very impressive that you found it.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow