Intelligent Resolution - a Demo

Started Nov 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ronomy
Ronomy Veteran Member • Posts: 4,034
Re: Intelligent Resolution - a Demo

I just took some pictures using IA mode and although I did see some smudging in the grass I was pretty surprised how clean the images were and not overly sharpened.  IHDR mode is used too often and not good for scenery images so turn that off until you need it like in low light situations indoors or outside in low light and no wind.  it smudged all the trees in the distance cause its windy today.  LOL  What floored me was some pictures of my deck and under the roof up in the rafters I usually see noise even with my -2 settings in NR and sharpness.  Well the shadow areas were very clean and sharp.  Cleanest I have ever seen these images of my deck and I mean clean and clear/sharp.  Also the scenery shots were clean in the shadows out in the woods behind my house.  I need to do more testing but IA is surprising the hell out of me right now.

Ronomy's gear list:Ronomy's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow