Intelligent Resolution - a Demo

Started Nov 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
Florida Nature Photographer Veteran Member • Posts: 8,104
Re: Intelligent Resolution - a Demo

Ianperegian wrote:

The reviewer said, as you quoted: "Sharpness is obviously a subjective matter, but if I was an FZ200 owner, I'd have the Intelligent Resolution feature turned on."

I take "subjective" there to mean that different people may come to different conclusions about it. Therefore I can't really see why you would find that to be bothersome.

I have a developing intellect about photography. Based on his review I started using Intelligent Resolution.

I did not know that doing so might cause smudging of detail. To me sharpness means less smudging of detail. He said using it would increase sharpness. He didn't mention any specific negatives except that I might not like sharpness.

I just wish he would have said. If you turn on Intelligent Auto you might experience smudging of detail.

Glad I belong to the forum so guys like you can point this stuff out to me.

-- hide signature --

Florida

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow