D800 is now in the house
4x5 Guy wrote:
Just got home after picking up my D800.
Only had a few moments to play with it.
My interest in this camera is for landscape photography. I come from a 4x5 background, so resolution is what I'm interested in. I don't care about high ISO performance or fps. I've already set the crop mode to 5:4. I feel like I'm home again.
Just a few quick handheld shots, without even using my best lens, tells me that the resolution is fantastic and what I've been waiting years for. I'm glad I decided not to wait for the D800E.
I'll try to post some 100% crops to demonstrate the resolution when I can.
Wow sounds exciting, what happened to your crops ? I cant imagine how they look through your best lens !
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%