Intelligent Resolution - a Demo

Started Nov 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP AndyW17 Contributing Member • Posts: 705
Re: Intelligent Resolution - a Demo

Ianperegian wrote:

Yes, I think it very much depends on the subject....

Ian

-- hide signature --

This, in a nutshell, seems to be what is driving us batty about this camera.  It depends.

I continue to play with the JPG options, but am steadily moving towards RAW as the full-time answer.  Then I'm in control of both the camera and the processing without guessing what's in the black box.

But, I'm very interested in learning more about how these other modes work as we collectively try to reverse engineer Panasonic's software engine.  I now have a workflow, and it's Lightroom presets vs leaving it to the camera to decide.  The fall berries pictures I posted earlier were a surprise between JPG and RAW, for example.

It'd be very nice if Panasonic provided better information about what the various modes/i-features actually did, when to use it, and for that matter, when to avoid it.  At least we have the benefit of the forum to share learnings!

AndyW17's gear list:AndyW17's gear list
Sony RX100 II Olympus E-M1 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow