Heliopan variable ND filter anyone?
I'm about to order an Heliopan 82 ND variable filter.
I often use a Lee Big Stopper (10 stops) which is great but sometimes I need less stops reduction, say 3-5 stops.
Anyway, I have a couple of question before buying.
1. I heard these variable ND filters are actually made by two polarizers, is this true for all variable ND?
2. If this heliopan is made of two polarizers, will it have a polarizing effect when shooting water?
I actually like that "soft silk" effect on the water when shooting long exposure, like the image below (96 seconds). I'm afraid I won't get the same effect when polarizing comes into account.
Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong. Oscar Wilde http://www.guidotramontano.com
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|INFERNO by Milmor Fotografias|
from Get to Work (Power Tools)
|Love my present! by eyahaled|
from Holiday reactions