Sony's lens Roadmap - Only map, no road?

Started Nov 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
jpr2 Forum Pro • Posts: 15,521
Tiago: no G-class, constant aperture zoom anywhere in sight :(

TiagoReil wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

so, altogether five short[ish] primes of [expected] reasonable quality: 12/2.8, 24/1.8, 32/1.8, 50/1.8 & 50/2.8 macro ? so...

• ​WHERE are G-class zooms ???
  • WHERE are G-class longer primes?

on a side note, it would be nice to have the new Sigma 35/1.4 AF in E-mount too

are we to treat the so called "Sony's lens road-map" as cast into stone and handled down to Moses? If so, then indeed my questions are pretty blasphemous  . However, all I'm saying is that the stunningly excellent APS-C sensors from S. deserve the best possible lenses - matching the sensors with their optically corrected IQ of a highest mark (so, no cheating with in-camera FW corrections, no cutting corners, just undiluted IQ).

So... yes, I'm aware that one can't have both: ​cheap, compact & low weight​ at the same time as ​with stunning IQ ​ - and I'm voting for a highest optical IQ, shunning smallness for just a smallness sake .

There are plethora of fantastic IQ, III-rd party, lenses mountable on NEX'es already, some of them I do have in my bag. However, Neither those, nor the already released ones from the list above (the 24/1.8 or 50/1.8) do not give me both: fantastic IQ together with blazingly fast AF for a quickly unfolding action shooting & tracing, and without resorting to a kludge of a SLT adapter. Which is all I'm craving for - is this really that very much offensive to ask S. to deliver them much, much sooner than in 2015 or later???

jpr2

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow