Hang on my 7D
I had something similar happen to me with my 2.8 100mm.. I attached it.. and nothing seem to be working and made my camera hang.
I removed the lens and check its contacts.. they were dirty.. I also checked my battery..
And until now i have not had a problem.
So check your contacts on the 50mm lens, and clean them. Check the battery contacts too and just wipe them with a cotton buds/qtips.
If the camera is still giving issues try a different CF card.. also you could maybe run the fw upgrade again.. and follow the instructions to the letter..
if still nothing.. you better call Canon.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%