Ansel Adams exhibition, London

Started Nov 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bangers and Mash
Bangers and Mash Senior Member • Posts: 2,760
One of the best!!!

gmc wrote:

This doesn't seem to be newsworthy enough to make dpr news so I though it worth posting here.
There is an exhibition of Adams work at the Maritime Museum in Greenwich, London, on until April -
http://www.rmg.co.uk/visit/events/ansel-adams
Not having appreciated his work so much it is worth seeing in the print. It's nice to see such quality with great light and proper shadows. There are plenty of prints including some 2m+ prints which are of stunning quality - recommended for any photographer. I found the two short films, including an interview pretty interesting to.
cheers

He was one of the best for sure, but where he really shined was in the dark room. He was a genius when it came to that, what today they refer to as PP work. Not to diminish his outstanding photographic skills and the contributions he made to photography in general, but it was in the dark room where he made his images come to life, so to speak. I wish I could be there to attend.

Bangers and Mash's gear list:Bangers and Mash's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus TG-5 Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow