Considering upgrading from Finepix S700 to F660EXR.

Started Nov 20, 2012 | Questions thread
OP gardengal4 New Member • Posts: 8
Re: Considering upgrading from Finepix S700 to F660EXR.

Thanks so much for all your inputs.  Very good inputs. I knew I was at the right place

Some of the alternatives mentioned are not 15x or 20x.  I definitely want to upgrade the x's this time to at least 15x.

I like the features of the Canon SX260IS, but it is about 40% higher priced (and even more in a color... I am so tired of black). It tracks more with the Finepix F750EXR than the F660EXR.   The SX160IS is more the apples-to-apples camera with the F660EXR -- at least on price.

One of the features of the F660 that caught my eye in the side-by-side was that it says it produced video in MP4 format (or H.264).  However, when I look deeper on the Fuji and Amazon specs, that is not the case.  So that small advantage for Fuji goes away.

I liked that the F660 did *NOT* have GPS, but I suppose I can shut that off in the Canon.

I like the Canon brand, but one nit is that all the pictures are named IMG_nnnn and will be redundant with all my files from my old Powershot.  I mostly file pictures in specific category folders (family, Joe, Fido, Roses) rather than rename them.

I have a technical question from the side-by-side on Min/Max shutter speeds.  Are the Canon specs preferred over the Fuji in this example? :

I don't really understand the workings of shutters, altho I know it's a super big deal.  Under what circumstances do min and max come into play?

Also, I noticed on this picture that the Finepix's have a better hand grip than the Canon's.  That was appealing too for the Finepix.

This is going to be really hard!!!   Appreciate any further input.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow