Shoulder strap ruins D-800

Started Nov 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Lance B Forum Pro • Posts: 31,245
With those lenses, now way could it deform the tripod socket

8TAV wrote:

Re: The leans used A50 mm 1.8 prime and maybe once a 24 - 70mm. The latter is pretty heavy.

I don't think I did any running. I don't normally do that anyway and I use the shoulder strap when I think I want two bodies. That is a load to run with.

I find it hard to believe that a 24-70 f2.8 lens would deform the tripod socket unless there was some outside influence other than normal hanging over the shoulder. There is just no way that it is heavy enough to do any damage.

The only other thing could be if the metal of the chassis was not correct in some way at time of manufacture, like it was underspec in thickness or had some fault other in the manufacture.

As I say, if it was up to spec, there is no way in this wide world that a 24-70 f2.8 lens could cause it to deform due to the camera hanging by the tripod socket as if it could, we would have thousands of Sun Sniper and Black Rapid users complaining of deformed tripod mounts.

Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
BJN
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow