Shoulder strap ruins D-800

Started Nov 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
orchidblooms
orchidblooms Senior Member • Posts: 1,267
Re: Useful info: stay away from Black rapid straps and the like

TOF guy wrote:

8TAV wrote:

TOF GUY

...... as I've learned something about not using the tripod thread as an attachment for a strap (or a monopod head as I've posted somewhere else in this thread).

You've asked for suggestions on how to deal with the bending and a picture would help me and maybe others to answer. And I must admit that I'm kind of curious to see how bad is the opening, get an idea of what it looks like, and as the saying goes a picture is worth a thousand words. Certainly please don't sweat over it if you don't have the time and motivation to do it. If you can that's great and thank you for that, if not we'll live.

I do the same thing -- but with my tripod / acratec GP-s head - slogging thru the woods - down the slopes of rivers -- you name it

d800e / nikon grip RRS l bracked - all screwed tight to the tripod...

now rethinking this...

i have abandoned my black rapid strap - months ago - noticed 'wobble' between the grip / body no matter how tight the grip was cinched to the body... posted that at the time here...

i carry camera strapless now / keep it backpack in n out or move around with this all attached to tripod often slung over shoulder...

will have to rethink all of this a bit perhaps....

a phot of the damage would be helpful for many of us to see what we may have ahead...

manyt hanks

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
BJN
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow