Overcoming some of the limitations of a D600

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
J Mankila
J Mankila Veteran Member • Posts: 4,234
Then at least we agree... :)

Leo360 wrote:

J Mankila wrote:

The one stop difference is, and will be, an advantage. Slight, perhaps, but an advantage nonetheless. I don't understand why it's so difficult for you lot to understand that.

Janne, I fully understand what you are saying. I just want to emphasize that for majority of shooting situations this advantage is immaterial. Moreover, D800 has more MPs than D600. In some situations it is an important advantage too. The reason I am spending my time commenting in this thread is to put these advantage in perspective. Something which is a deal breaker for one photographer could be a non-issue for another. As many things in the life it is not expressed in absolute terms. And I am sorry that my postings irritated you.

In fact I should be the one to apologise. Your posts were fair and level-headed. It was Lance's stubborn trolling that made me a bit cross... It seems we agree that it's a slight advantage, while Lance continued to argue that such an opinion makes us spoiled little children.

After D70's shutter speed of 1/8000 (electronic shutter, which did have some drawbacks) the D80 with 1/4000 felt like I was running into the limit much more frequently. Then, it could simply be due to acquiring faster lenses and shooting more when skiing.

-- hide signature --

regards
Janne Mankila, Finland

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
eNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow