Man arrested for taking photographs of children at bus stop.

Started Aug 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bill Randall
Bill Randall Forum Pro • Posts: 21,969
Re: Man arrested for taking photographs of children at bus stop.

JamesRL wrote:

Context, read the article.

Unless the journalist is totally incompetent, the person was arrested on suspision of

"Taking prohibited photos of children". in our legal system (mine is based on yours), you cannot be arrested without a charge of having violated a law. You can be detained (as a material witness) without a charge, but you cannot be arrested. There are laws in Britain specifically about photography children in an obscene manner.

The article did not use the word "obscene" but I guess that may be implied. However, I cannot picture in my mind how children at a public bus stop could be photographed in an obscene manner without the activity being extremely obvious. And, if it was so obvious that the woman felt it should be reported she should have made certain the police had her name, address and phone number.

While the woman may have had good reason for calling the police, at this point it sounds to me like general camera fear.

Bill Randall's gear list:Bill Randall's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S602 Zoom Nikon D200 Nikon D5200 Nikon D5600
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
JPG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow