The best camera (RX100)
...is the one you have with you. So I bought a RX100. Not that the OM-D E-M5 is huge, but is big enough that I don't carry it everywhere.
Anyway, the “best camera is the one you have with you” meme proved true this week. Here in northern California, the sky is usually clear blue from horizon to horizon. (Or occasionally gray horizon to horizon, like now.) Very nice, but boring in photos. This week I arrived at my place of work to the sky you see below.
I had pictured the scene in black & white. Conversion done in Silver Efex Pro, with heavy use of the red filter.
Ordinarily I wouldn’t have had a camera with me and therefore wouldn’t have this shot.
Which do you prefer? Is the B&W over-processed?
(Edited to add - I just noticed from the EXIF that I have the wrong month set in the camera - it was actually taken on Nov 15.)
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%