Overcoming some of the limitations of a D600

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
primeshooter
primeshooter Veteran Member • Posts: 5,043
Re: That's not hard to imagine, at all...

Leo360 wrote:

J Mankila wrote:

Leo360 wrote:

primeshooter wrote:

I take quite alot at 1/8000. Try shooting with a f/1.4 prime lens wide open in the carribean and you will understand a little more.

Examples, please, with full EXIF data.

I, for one, love hot Caribbean landscapes especially at f/1.4 and without ND filter Sorry, if I come across as a skeptic but my bull$hit meter just turned red.

Leo

No examples this time, I'm sorry, but please, read about my experience:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50306093

Landscape shots at wide apertures is incredibly challenging and, therefore, interesting. And ND filters are not the perfect answer, if good.

1/8000 buys you just one stop over 1/4000. When you consider your extremely challenging scenarios even 1/8000 may be insufficient. In this case you will have to use ND filters anyway. With D600 you will be using ND8 instead of ND4 with D800.

Leo

Not really. 1/8000, 1.4, ISO 100 and pulling back all the highlights shooting raw you can get the shot on the brightest of days although sometime's i'll admit it's close. It's BLOWN with 1/4000 so stop getting so defensive. 1/8000 is a useful speed, I use it, you don't I get it - great for you.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
eNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow