Confession of a Lazy JPG Snap Shooter

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dustinash Contributing Member • Posts: 682
Re: Confession of a Lazy JPG Snap Shooter

RenG wrote:

JPEG shooters aren't lazy, they just usually aren't professional.

What you say is that a professional is only a professional if he or she uses the RAW format?

To me this is a very strange assumption.

A professional sells his pictures and the clients tell him wath they need, in my case 99 out of 100 the JPEG format is more then enough quality-wise. Most of my work will be downloaded by the clients and the JPEG is less time consuming uploading and downloading.

Time is money and in my 20 years as a photographer i tryed it all, for me it is the JPEG way in 99 cases so that makes me an unprofessional professional

I think there is a connection between the RAW format and pixelpeeping but there is no connection between JPES and professional

René

I concur with your definition of professional but.

So after 20 years are you a successful professsional?  Because after only 2 years of shooting I am and one of the top pros I know is only 20.

I find the strongest professionals are those that use the best tools they can.  Sure you can be a pro without but those tools will often limit your success if your not using optimal image capture.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
gil
gil
tko
gil
gil
gil
gil
gil
gil
tom
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow