Help! Panasonic GX1 diagnosed water damage

Started Nov 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
bgalb
bgalb Senior Member • Posts: 2,122
Re: Help! Panasonic GX1 diagnosed water damage

azu wrote:

hi everyone! i would like to ask some guidance... I posted before here that my GX1 has no power.

it was left in it's panasonic case that I bought and haven't really use it a lot back then. I only got the chance to send it for repair weeks ago since we had family emergency. They just called me and told me that the unit is beyond repair due to water damage. I would like to know what are the possible cause of this because as far as I know my camera was never been next to any water that could cause damage. if anyone can enlighten me on what my options to go from here cause before I spend for a replacement. TIA

I notice that you qualified your remarks about water damage by saying that the camera had "never been next to any water that could cause damage".  Does this mean that the camera has never been wet by rain or mist or exposed to high humidity for long periods of time (weeks or months) ?  Either of these could cause problems in some cases.

One thing about Panasonic USA is that their repair service in the US is terrible, and cannot be trusted to properly diagnose and repair your camera. There are a number of threads on this forum about Panasonic repair service.  I don't have any good advice, though.

bgalb's gear list:bgalb's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 Mega OIS +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow