The Olympus 75mm, tell me why I "need" it.

Started Oct 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
Tom Ames Senior Member • Posts: 1,351
Re: Thanks everyone, I'll definitely be getting a 75 this coming week.

LPMILLER wrote:

Thanks everyone for your input, and sorry if I got a little testy. As was suggested by some, I've gone over a lot of my work to survey the most commonly used focal lengths and what I discovered is rather interesting. I shoot not just for commercial applications but also sell fine art prints. So what I found when looking at the work that I prefer and also what sells the most, it is either very wide angle shots or the exact opposite, telephoto shots that are more often abstract details of a scene. Many of the telephoto length shots fall close to the 75mm end of things and virtually all are taken with available light, so I think getting the 75 with its fixed 1.8 aperture will fit like a glove. As I pointed out in one of the posts, I already have several ways to do the wide angle work, but the longer end of things has usually been with my two four thirds lenses, the 35-100 f2.0 and the 50-200, both are gorgeous lenses but VERY heavy to cart around. My original reason in asking you all if I "needed" it was to make sure I wasn't just suffering from a bad case of GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome. After reading through literally dozens of threads on here discussing the 75 f1.8, I feel confident it will be a valuable addition to my kit.

cheers!!

Hi Miller,

did you get the 75mm? Are you pleased with it?
(I'm looking to add it to my system)

Tom Ames's gear list:Tom Ames's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm GFX 50R Fujifilm GF 32-64mm F4 Fujifilm GF 110mm F2 Fujifilm GF 45mm F2.8 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow