The future of the 6D line

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 21,009
Re: is it available yet??

Collett wrote:

See, living with one accurate focus point has been a drag for me on the 5dII. To each his own, and to you and others that have made the point about all Cameras being compromises, I would also say that you cannot please all of the people all of the time. I think part of the idea of this tread is for me to sell myself on going for the 5dIII

Rgds

I was waiting for the 5D MK3 hoping it would have articulated screen. It didn't and it was a deal breaker for me. I got a proper video camera instead, Canon XA H10, and stayed with Canon 40D  and Fuji X100 for photos.

Now 6D seems a perfect compliment of my video camera. To me, on paper, it has everything I like, incl.a new sensor . I take quite a lot of pics at high ISO, even 6400 with X100, a clear advantage over my current DSLR. In addition, I do crop in post processing, I am not that good at framing during picture taking, probably partly to limited viewfinder coverage in 40D.

20 mpixels will come as a huge bonus. I have a line of L lenses, 5 of them, the only loss will be 10-22 non-L that I like a lot. Somehow that lens always brings out blue in a sky colour, not sure what it is but it is good. But, for the same angle I can use 17-40 L.

I wish it comes out in early December, I never do prepayments, I only buy when a product is available. No exceptions.

Rgds

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
db.
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow