Where is a center-weighted area?
I usually stick with matrix metering and sometimes use NDG filters or just post-process the areas that were not properly exposed.
I have tried several times the center-weighted area and it does not seem to work as I expected.
Looking in the manual I find that the exposure to be used is calculated based on the metering info taken from an area of n millimeters around the central point of the frame.
I was always under the impression that in Nikon cameras, I have the D7000, the center weighted area is around the selected focus point.
Which one is it?
Is there anything else I should know about center weighted metering which is not in the manual?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!