That's just a snapshot.

Started Nov 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP brianj Forum Pro • Posts: 14,657
Re: That's just a snapshot.

happysnapper64 wrote:

I am a mere 12 months into my photographic journey, & therefore I am constantly taking pics that are for the sole purpose of learning how to use my camera in various situations & conditions. Indoors & out, I must have deleated 100 times more than I have kept. I just enjoy trying to get the exposure "right" in as few attempts as possible. To figure out how to use a new function on my camera gives me a sense of achievement, to then use it when a real live photo opp comes along, & get it right gives me a terrific buzz. There is so much to learn.

Its a long journey, I am still doing that after 10 years here and in digital photography.  In fact I have spent the last 3 months understanding white balance and getting more control of it.  Sometimes when I finally get something right I take a few pictures and feel really happy, but of course no one else appreciates what it means to me.  Maybe we are all so interested in what we are doing that we haven't got time to see what others are doing.

Brian

brianj's gear list:brianj's gear list
Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow