Confession of a Lazy JPG Snap Shooter

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
RenG Forum Member • Posts: 80
Re: Confession of a Lazy JPG Snap Shooter

Well Dennis, al lot of my clients throw away 95% of the quality in my A900 jpeg files becourse 10mb is a little to much for the website they are running even for those pictures i have made RAW files but i and my clients almost never need them.

There is no link between big RAW files and professional! my best selling picture is made with a "coolpix" camera from the early days.

When i started my education as a photographer the Sinar P with a 8x10" back was the best you could get and yes you could sell those absurd expensive huge slides but those day's are over i think. 6 or 7 years ago i sold the Sinar cameraset to the USA and exactly zero clients have ever asked for those big slides again after that. Those days companies used the same brochures for years, nowadays photo's are old very fast.

For my second job as a photographer i spoke with the director of the biggest photostudio in my country, he was totally uninterested in all the work i could show him. I dont know if you made them yourself en when you did i dont know how long it took to create those images was his explanation! In his picturefactory there was no time to create art and very little time to produce usefull pictures but he made lots of money.

René

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
gil
gil
tko
gil
gil
gil
gil
gil
gil
tom
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow