OK ALL YOU full frame camera fanatics

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Thorgrem Contributing Member • Posts: 530
Same thing for m4/3 users

I know what you mean.

I always liked the way Olympus was going with the 4/3 camera's and lenses. Aldo I didn't use more than a point an shoot camera at that time it interested me and I wanted a E-620 badly. When I bought a new camera because my P&S was broken I was attracted to Olympus. Went with m4/3 because there where almost no models of 4/3 camera's and the salesman was very enthusiastic about m4/3.

In real life I never have a problem with my gear. The sensor (12MP)is dated but works well enough for my needs. But every time a new and nice Olympus (or Panasonic) product is announced people who don't use (m)4/3 are whining about crop factor and multiplying everything by 2. So the new announced 17mm f/1.8 is in there eyes just a 34mm f/3.2. For DoF it stands correct but the light gathering is just 1.8 for a 4/3 sensor.

Bu hey, thats the sad thing about using non standard gear (canikon). The nice thing is that you have a great set and can enjoy it every day. Others can't see it because the like the nagging about equipment more than actually take pictures with it.

Thorgrem's gear list:Thorgrem's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Apple iPhone 6
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
tko
tko
GBC
GBC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow