The future of the 6D line

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
rrccad Forum Pro • Posts: 10,617
Re: 5D/5D2 line was split into 5D3 and 6D

immanis wrote:

rrccad wrote:

have you used it? for it's intended audience and for whom canon thinks will purchase it .. it may be perfect. it's not meant to be a "pro" AF. I've seen reports of those who have actually used it were blown away on how it could lock onto targets in near complete darkness - with accuracy.

If by intended audience you mean advanced prosumers and professionals looking for a backup\lightweight body who knows how to focus and recompose properly, I agree. If by that you mean not-so-knowledgeable people upgrading to FF for the first time because IQ "is best" and used to the larger AF coverage in crop sensor cameras, this is going to be a big let down.

Of course, every single one of us eventually learns our camera limitations and proper techniques to overcome it (or give up), but I bet quite a few are going to be frustrated trying to reconcile the rule of threes and a camera whose only decent AF point is in the middle of the frame.

no because for all purposes most people still use the center AF on the under XD series anyways - because that is where the high precision sensor is located.  even with the cross types in later XXD series the center was the precise AF - so really no different.

it's only been with the advent of the 7D which was and is problematic in it's AF and 5D3 that any camera under the 1 series had high precision 2.8 AF cross sensors outside of the center.

rrccad's gear list:rrccad's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EOS 7D Mark II +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
db.
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow