The future of the 6D line

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
rrccad Forum Pro • Posts: 10,582
Re: The future of the 6D line

technotic wrote:

meland wrote:

PhilPreston3072 wrote:

Why does the 6D have only 1 Cross Type AF point? Even the lowly 650D/T4i has 9 cross type AF points inherited from the 60D.

Perhaps it's an exceptionally good single cross type AF point. As a scientist you probably appreciate that more is not always better.

For a mid level camera the 6D really doesn't give much to brag about.

Is that what you want a camera for then?

Absolutely. The 6D is probably not going to be a "braggers" camera but it might well be a very nice photographic machine - which is more important to you? Having played around with one last week I found myself really liking the way it handled. It's not an action camera that's for sure but for landscape, portrait and street work it looks good. Time will tell how the autofocus works in practice and how useful the wifi turns out to be. My main concern is the control layout which largely comes from the 60D which I have not shot with so it may be fine.

there was someone that used it during photokina this year at the canon booth.  canon had a dark "cave" set up, and the 6D would lock on in basically darkness.

assuming his report is true, this center point as far as it's ability to AF in low light is pretty special.

this was his comments Ralph Conway from FM:

"When I tested the 6D, Canon offered a darkened cave beside the (photokina) booth.
I did a test shot with 50mm 1.4 at ISO 12.800 (as far I remember). I did not really recognize any motive, just realised some less darker spots I targeted upon. The AF grabed immediatelly without any hunting and I did the picture. Watching the screen I recogniced I was shooting something like a collection of boxes glued to the "caves wall" and zooming into the picture I could read the text printed on them! It looked razorsharp (in focus). That felt mind blowing (my mind, of course )."

rrccad's gear list:rrccad's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EOS 7D Mark II +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
db.
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow