The future of the 6D line

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
Pitbullo Contributing Member • Posts: 561
Re: I'd like a more consumer-oriented FF body

Antonio_2 wrote:

• Cheaper. Must be clear the difference from 5D
  • Lighter (to make it cheaper and lighter could have plastic body, no water or dust proof, lower spec viewfinder)
  • EF-S compatible. Even a 6Mpixel APS crop image from a 10-22 would be a better superwide image than a full frame 24-105 at 24mm
  • Builtin flash. If I want to travel light and I want fast operation I must not be forced to carry external flash and need the time to mount it to take a sudden casual flash or fill flash shot.

In few words that would be a FF Rebel. I'm sure a lot of people want it and a lot of people bought 5D just because there is not such a camera. I found my compromise buying a cheap used 5d1 and love the fantastic IQ compared to APS but still use a lot my 450D because it's lighter , has builtin flash and works with the fantastic IQ and compact 10-22. I'd like a new camera having the best of both. I think it's technically possible but it's not available. I hope Canon and Nikon new trend with D600/6D will go in that direction.

Cheaper, sure, it is over priced, as Canon usually do. No worries, the price will come down.

I´d love to have it weather sealed as it rains quite a lot where I live. No need to waterproof it, just be able to use it on a rainy day.

EF-S compatible? I dont need it, but perhaps other do.

Built in flash... not needed as the ISO capabilities are so good.

What I´d like them to do is to put a 100% viewfinder in it. Any less than that is just being cheap. Also, 1/250 sync - speed would be nice (Come on! even my rebel can do 1/200s). Fastest shutter speed of 1/8000s should also be nice. A bit more focus points, and a few more cross - type would also be welcome. 19 or 26 points, something like that, no overkill.

It would still be different from the 5D3 due to lesser build quality, slower fps, "weaker" shutter and way worse AF.

Now, I really am happy with my rebel, so I´ll stick to that until 5D4 og 6DII comes along. Speculations are still fun though

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
db.
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow