phototransformations
phototransformations Senior Member • Posts: 2,833
Re: A plea to Olympus: Exposure compenastion in manual mode on the E-M5

rkeller wrote:

Anders W wrote:

rkeller wrote:

Anders W wrote:

Gregm61 wrote:

Posts asking this question in this forum (there have been a few) have always been "entertaining" to say the least. This one would be even more so if Detail Man were not still banned, but I anticipate it will generate some fun responses nonetheless.

For the record: Detail Man is no longer banned. The ban was rescinded almost immediately after it became known on the forum.

Rule 2: "Posts discussing moderator actions are not allowed and will be deleted."

Since you self-appointed yourself as forum policeman, how do you justify your repeated flouting of the rules?

I see absolutely nothing wrong from any point of view with pointing out that the information Gregm61 had on the ban against Detail Man was dated.

If you think such actions violate the rules, I think that, for consistency, you should file a complaint against the post by Simon Joinson a few days ago in which he reported that the ban on Detail Man had been rescinded. You find it here:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50212487

The totality of what Simon said in the link you just posted about this: "you do realize that the ban you're referring to was lifted before this thread even started?"

Note several things:

• He is a moderator.
  • He refers obliquely to the ban under question (i.e. does not identify by name)

What you said is significantly different than this:

• You are not a moderator, thus you are in clear and unambiguous violation of Rule #2
  • You refer directly to the ban under question (i.e. identify the username)
  • You add additional information about the timeframe of the ban being rescinded that is likely not true (for reference, in the "rules" page DPreview talks about standard ban timeframes being anywhere from 3 days to 30 days)
-- hide signature --

"If you simplify your English, you are freed from the worst follies of orthodoxy. You cannot speak any of the necessary dialects, and when you make a stupid remark its stupidity will be obvious, even to yourself." - George Orwell "Politics and the English Language"
"Unfortunately, in digital photography a lot of people are seeing pixels, not photographs ... Everyone together now: it's not the pixels. Sing it with me." - Thom Hogan
"If you pick up a camera with any sort of serious intent, you will at least occasionally need to use a flash. Done deal. Lock solid, Take it to the bank." - Joe McNally

This kind of exchange, which disrupts an otherwise useful discussion, makes me yearn for the days when Ignore worked. Can't you do this in PMs?

phototransformations's gear list:phototransformations's gear list
Samsung TL500 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +24 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow