The need for certain settings in camera if shooting and processing RAW

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RMC74 Junior Member • Posts: 32
The need for certain settings in camera if shooting and processing RAW

I have been shooting only RAW files for the past few weeks and have grown to love the flexibility of working with RAW. I have been reading a lot of online articles to improve my photography knowledge and read somewhere that the only settings from your camera that are set in stone when taking a picture in RAW are your shutter, aperture, and ISO. If this is so, do any of the other settings besides your basic exposure settings, really matter on your camera if you can change them in Lightroom during PP. I have been ensuring that I always check and set my white balance, scene mode, D-lighting etc. everytime I take pictures on my Nikon D5100. I am glad that I have been using all of these settings, because having to read and learn about their functions is allowing me to have a deeper understanding of photography. I am just wondering what their function is when using only RAW.

Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow