The future of the 6D line

Started Nov 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 5,018
The future of the 6D line

I know it’s a bit early, but I wanted to get peoples' thoughts on where Canon intends to take the 6d line in successive versions.  Nikon is putting up some stiff competition these days, with the D600 being a great FF starter and a lot for the money. It seems to me that both Canon & Nikon have a lot riding on their line of introductory full frame bodies.

In order to be competitive, I would have liked to seen i) a better focus system in the 6d – say about 17 points altogether and 4 more cross-point types (but an AF system not orientated toward sports & speed), ii) a pop up flash, iii) and 24-25 megapixels instead of 20.

I do like the fact that it is a lighter weight body, and think it makes sense to differentiate the 5d line w/ better and faster autofocus and a better & more durable build.  What is missing this current version of the 6d for you?

-- hide signature --

Jim

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
db.
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow