A plea to Olympus: Exposure compenastion in manual mode on the E-M5 Locked

Started Nov 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Anders W Forum Pro • Posts: 21,468
Re: A plea to Olympus: Exposure compenastion in manual mode on the E-M5

Gregm61 wrote:

rakore wrote:

However, I haven't found a way to set exposure compensation on the E-M5 in this mode. I think Pentax allows it in its TAv mode (aperture and shutter mode), and I think some high end Nikons allow it too. This would be a very useful feature and should be doable with a firmware fix.

You have not found a way because there is no way to set compensation while in manual mode with Auto ISO using Olympus bodies.

Yes, if you have a specific shutter speed/aperture combination you want to use and you just want the camera to deal with the ISO, being able to set a compensation amount would be nice, but it's a feature Olympus just has not gotten around to granting, and they may never. With Panasonic, you cannot even use Auto ISO in manual exposure mode.

Posts asking this question in this forum (there have been a few) have always been "entertaining" to say the least. This one would be even more so if Detail Man were not still banned, but I anticipate it will generate some fun responses nonetheless.

-- hide signature --

"There's shadows in life, baby.." Jack Horner- Boogie Nights

For the record: Detail Man is no longer banned. The ban was rescinded almost immediately after it became known on the forum.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow