Found my 'eye', and lost my mind. . . (un-methodical test of new lens)

Started Nov 12, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
jalywol
jalywol Veteran Member • Posts: 7,559
Re: Found my 'eye', and lost my mind. . . (un-methodical test of new lens)

These three just do it for me.

FABULOUS work all around, but these three have magic.

The first one below is just such a spectacular composition; it works on so many levels.  I'd enter that one in a show or some contest somewhere.... It is such a NY scene; reminds me of when I was a kid and after a family get-together my folks would drop my Aunt off at her apartment on a street in NYC that looked a lot like this one.... (BTW, where was this taken?)

The Fish Market one is a lot like the buildings in Troy that I am drawn to and try and capture whenever I am in town....That lens is really excellent; the detail and microcontrast are terrific, by the way. Makes me wish I had the resources to try one sometime....

By the way, I showed some of your work to my sister, who is a very good artist (BFA Cooper Union, MFA Bard)(painting), and who has one of the best eyes for good work of anyone I have ever met.  She thought your building/NYC photos were terrific.  I personally would take that as a high complement....

-Janet

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow