With a 60d, what are the two preferred lenses for wedding photography?

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
KariP
KariP Veteran Member • Posts: 4,843
Re: Essentials for weddings ... about old days

Somehow i do not miss the smell of the chemicals in a darkroom...

And more precisely about lenses :  50f 1,4 could be one very usable lens - for wedding portraits

A WA zoom is needed too for the friend etc indoors - perhaps a 15-85 could do the job.

Very few people want huge prints of  candlelight shots - why invest in a FF...

IMO the most difficult part in wedding photography is the light (how to make it with 1-2 flashes  if there is no decent natural light) - and also the communication with the couple. And that is why i try to avoid shooting in weddings of my friends. I would never try to do this commercially !

If somebody wants to make money with weddings it is essential to be a good psychologist who creates a relaxed atmosphere and listens to the wishes - even unspoken .  I have seen too many routinely taken boring images that do not tell anything personal about the couple or tells the wrong story  - and the brides should look better !!!

Simple gear and great skills is what a photographer needs + good nerves... perhaps 2 bodies helps with that. Or several spare batteries ; - )

-- hide signature --

Kari
SLR photography started in 1968, 40D since 2007, and now 7D !
60.21 N 24.86 E

KariP's gear list:KariP's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-T1 +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow