before/after interior design lighting setup [images + shooting notes]

Started Nov 8, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP rkeller Senior Member • Posts: 1,066
Re: before/after interior design lighting setup [images + shooting notes]

s_grins wrote:

I'm second person here that prefers first shot to second.

Explanation: first shot represent real living space, second shot is sterile empty dead area that demonstrate wooden (?!) countertop in the bathroom. Also I prefer light of the first shot. This light reveals more information about bathroom

Thanks! It's interesting to get other perspectives. I would counter that the 2nd shot represents the standard for living/design magazines (they are not selling reality! :)) as well as designer portfolios. And the designer does think that the 2nd shot shows more of the design elements he wants to emphasize to his potential future clients (to clarify it is a Brazilian wood countertop face; the countertop itself is a composite material I believe.)

That doesn't mean there isn't room to try to emphasize more 'real' elements into a shot. You have provided food for thought.

-
"If you simplify your English, you are freed from the worst follies of orthodoxy. You cannot speak any of the necessary dialects, and when you make a stupid remark its stupidity will be obvious, even to yourself." - George Orwell "Politics and the English Language"
"Unfortunately, in digital photography a lot of people are seeing pixels, not photographs ... Everyone together now: it's not the pixels. Sing it with me." - Thom Hogan
"If you pick up a camera with any sort of serious intent, you will at least occasionally need to use a flash. Done deal. Lock solid, Take it to the bank." - Joe McNally

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow