Started Nov 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Alan_S Senior Member • Posts: 1,831
Re: I can be lazy, but I shoot raw...

moimoi wrote:

Michel J wrote:

moimoi wrote:

In this link, you will be able to download a full res. file:

Download Full Res. File here

So why shooting raw, to me the main answer is all about "controls", better controls of colors:

* better control in WB

* better control in tone curve

* better control in noise reduction

* individual channels can be tweaked

* better control in sharpness

* better control in clarity

* shadows/highlights recovery

* lens distortion, vignetting, CAs

* using different camera profile

-- hide signature --

All harsh, impolite and/or unreasonable replies will be simply ignored.
Measurebators are out of my world, photography is not about babbling behind a computer... but rather being out of your home, shoot and share photographs with other people. Shoot and Share...Thanks.

wow !

"better ?" ... but better than what? As a reprographer I would guarantee it's very difficult to do "better" a better result than these provided by the in-camera .jpeg except for special jobs (about 1% of shots for most of photographer, imho)...

Because the perspective to do a wrong setting in PP is HUGE.... If you don't know exaclty what are you doing...

If you contest that Moimoi, talk to us about your workflow (because all it's depend of that, you need to be a real "pro" to equal or outperform any in-camera .jpeg if possible...)

Kind Regards,

-- hide signature --

Michel J

I am actually quite baffled by what you wrote....oh my!

You're not alone there, moimoi !

-- hide signature --

- AlanS

Alan_S's gear list:Alan_S's gear list
Sony a99 II Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-400mm F4-5.6 G SSM II +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow