Said Good Bye to my Canon 5D MK II today.

Started Oct 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
wy2lam Veteran Member • Posts: 3,093
Re: Ouch...I would have never done it but...enjoy.

marike6 wrote:

Let's be clear, shallow DOF is not the only thing the 5D bests the EM-5 at. But the 5D II absolutely destroys the EM-5 is low-light, high ISO ability (something like 1820 ISO to 800 ISO if you go by DxOMark), has higher resolution and better colors, a more robust build, etc. It's just a better camera, a money maker, and one of the most popular portrait/wedding cameras in history capable of professional quality results.

Hm.

The rest, sure, but I wonder how many might actually agree with you that the 5DII has a more robust build.

5DII is better than most bodies in many ways, but "robust build" is definitely not one.  Let me count the number of comparable or cheaper bodies with better builds...D700, check.  K-7, check.  K-5, check.  EM-5, check.  Each of which is/was just as solid (if not more) and defintely *way* more weather-proof than the 5DII.

wy2lam's gear list:wy2lam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow