P7700 users please help. ?Faulty on/off button

Started Nov 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
Juggernaut122
Juggernaut122 Contributing Member • Posts: 628
Re: P7700 users please help. ?Faulty on/off button

Karl R. Josker wrote:

I have noticed on my 7700 that it takes a deliberate pressing of the ON-Off button to activate it, holding it down longer than you would think necessary. Not for a whole second, but just a bit longer than you would expect. Probably some accidental turning on avoidance feature is about the only thing I can think of. Might that be what you are experiencing?

Hi,

I just bought my camera yesterday and I found the same thing.  I was also wondering if the button was broken, but it seems like this is normal intentional behavior.

I just tested pressing it quickly about 10 times in different ways and it never came on.  Then one solid press for about 1/2 second and it comes right on.

I see the play button does the same thing when you want to just review the images and the manual does mention holding down this button to turn on the camera (interestingly the manual seems to have forgotten that there is even an on/off button).

Juggernaut

Juggernaut122's gear list:Juggernaut122's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-4 Canon G7 X II Nikon D7200 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow