starter lens for nikon d7000

Started Nov 10, 2012 | Questions thread
Guidenet
Guidenet Forum Pro • Posts: 15,748
Re: starter lens for nikon d7000

Mark1t wrote:

RSchussel wrote:

the D7000 is a quantum leap over the D40. Why not have a decent body that does so many things well. In fact the D7000 is the best APS camera .

Sorry my english isn't the best. quantum leap means very good, or big different? and is the d7000 sharper? so on 100% crop is there any different?

Leonard is absolutely right. Though the D7000 is a more modern camera than the older Canon 40D, the Canon is superb. You said you are getting blurry pictures from that Canon and what Leonard and I am saying is that if you're getting blurry pictures there, you'll get blurry pictures pretty much from any camera. You need to learn how to use whatever you buy.

If you wish a new camera with a lot of new features, get the D7000. You will still need to learn how to use it well to keep from getting blurry images though. You still will have to understand how to keep the camera steady. You'll still have to learn how to use a fast enough shutter speed to stop blur from subject motion in action shots. The D7000 has better dim light capability and better dynamic range which will help you, but you still really need to understand the camera and exposure. That takes effort from you.

If you aren't willing to put in that effort to learn, you might as well keep whatever you have or buy a point and shoot that does everything for you. Remember, there is no best camera. There are only better photographers that can make use of better cameras. It's on you to learn. You can't buy good photography.

Here's a picture of a friend of mine I took with an older camera. His portrait came out ok, but he didn't buy it for some reason.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig
Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 +31 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow