SIGN PETITION Nikon d600 dust on sensor

Started Nov 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Leo360 Senior Member • Posts: 1,140
Re: To everyone that denies the dust problem

evalf wrote:

I've had dust on my sensor since day one. I've asked for advice on this forum when I first noticed the problem, and I was told that this was to be expected on any Nikon DSLR and to just clean my sensor and that the problem would go away in time. It has now been over 4000 shots and the symptoms are exactly the same. Every hundred shots I have multiple dust spots that appear.

Now a few notes about some of the arguments I've heard from the deniers.

So far I've been able to clean everything with a brush so this is not oil. So to those who say that there is a finite amount of oil in the camera, and hence the problem must stop at some point, it is not true at least in my case. I do have that scratch mark under the mirror, so if the spots on my sensor are little chips of paint I figure the problem could last until all the paint has chipped (and then I've got an even bigger problem).

evalf, I read somewhere that some D7000s had similar dust/oil problem and Nikon could be talked into replacing the entire mirror box which should, at least in theory, solve your scratch and dust problems.

Leo

Leo360's gear list:Leo360's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow