Pentax 560mm lens now listed on Adorama...any takers!

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
awaldram
awaldram Forum Pro • Posts: 13,214
Re: Overpriced product - just buy Sigma 500/4.5

miles green wrote:

Russell Evans wrote:

miles green wrote:

Russel:

I have no idea where "prweb" got that "almost equal" information from. As far as I can thell, they are the only ones that describe it as such and have shown absolutely no data to justify such a claim.

You can read the original Pentax article at Pentax Imagining.

http://www.pentaximaging.com/about/press/285/PENTAX_Announces_Exclusive_HD_Coating_Technology

Thank you
Russell

I guess you're right then!

Strange wording for a press release, I can see why everybody else (online retailers, etc) chose not to include that sentence. I also wonder then why they wouldn't put their best coating on a $7000 / GBP 6000 lens...

Guessing here.. there is probably a limit to how much gain Vs cost with nano coating technology i.e aero brite or Nikons 'Nano Crystal' I would assume you can achieve a better response with a slightly less light transmission but smoother coating on large elements.

Maybe if they'd gone with Aero we'd be talking RRP $10,000 that'd make us squeal even more like stuffed pigs.

At some point you have to assume manufacturers know what their doing and web 'experts' well are just hot air and bluster.

On the plus side web experts do tend to be better informed than Manufacturer PR teams but when said web 'experts' starts using sale blurb to back a derelict point well ..............

-- hide signature --

Miles Green
Pentaxian with chronic LBA
Corfu, Greece

awaldram's gear list:awaldram's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax Q Olympus PEN E-PM2 Pentax Q7 Pentax K-3 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow