Pentax 560mm lens now listed on Adorama...any takers!

Started Nov 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
miles green
miles green Veteran Member • Posts: 6,411
Re: Overpriced product - just buy Sigma 500/4.5

Alex Sarbu wrote:

miles green wrote:

The 560 is labeled as an "HD" lens, and features the new HD coatings. The exterior design is new too, with a red "HD" ring. Is HD is the new SMC? Is HD above DA*? below? different? Who knows.

Still there are no other lens with HD coatings.

Miles, the D FA645 90mm macro also is HD coated (in fact it uses a combination of HD and ABC coatings).

My bad Alex, i meant "no lens with HD coating available yet", and as far as I know there are no tests of the 645 90 macro either...

It's not a *, either - it must be pretty bad

I was just reading up about coatings on the other forum. The 90 macro has both, the 645 25mm has ABC. I don't think it's a question of which one is better, rather a question of different optimization...

The good news it that Pentax marketing seems to be pulling it together: the HD coating got its own red ring on the 2 new lens. And we get to see Pentax advertizements from time to time...

I have no idea where "prweb" got that "almost equal" information from. As far as I can thell, they are the only ones that describe it as such and have shown absolutely no data to justify such a claim.

-- hide signature --

Miles Green
Pentaxian with chronic LBA
Corfu, Greece

miles green's gear list:miles green's gear list
Pentax K-1 Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow