Too many "gear heads" and not enough photographers here.

Started Nov 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Kerry Pierce
Kerry Pierce Forum Pro • Posts: 19,757
I don't get it either, Robin. Hit the Ignore button

I'm not trying to defend Neil, but I really don't understand the apparent hatred for posting photos here. I could better understand it, if this were a forum for knitting or something, but good grief, the whole point of the camera gear is to take photos.....

You've been here longer than I, which is a rarity, Robin.  I assume that you know what the Nikon dslr forum was like in the old days.  Most of the threads were on the gear, but there were several good photographers that would post their work, which I found quite an enjoyable break.  I also tend to believe that the guys that can take good photos, have websites and can demonstrate that they know at least a little bit of what they're talking about.

Every year, the forum seems to sink to new lows, with so much bitterness, negativity and just plain rude/crude behavior.  Yeah, I'd much rather read that stuff than look at someone's photos.....

The Ignore feature is a godsend.  I use it a lot and it makes the DPR forums a much more pleasant place for me.  Neil has drawn a crowd of folks that apparently hate what he does.  So, I don't get it. Why don't they put his name in the Ignore list and go on about their business?  Sure, some of them just want to fight, but all of them? You?

Just some friendly, free advice folks.  Hit the Ignore button on anyone that annoys you.  See if that doesn't make your time here more pleasant. 

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Kerry Pierce's gear list:Kerry Pierce's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
eNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow